Cork Airport, Cork
A number of exciting opportunities are now available for Airport Search Unit Officers at Cork Airport.
The Airport Search Unit (ASU) Officer is part of the security team at Cork Airport. The primary responsibility of an ASU Officer is to ensure the secure, and efficient movement of passengers through the security process at Cork Airport in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements and in a manner that enhances the customers experience. This is a 24/7 shift based roster, primarily based indoors in the airport but some opportunities may become available over time, to work outdoors at the vehicle checkpoints.
Contract on offer is a 3 year fix term contract of 20-40 hours (you are guaranteed 20 hours but must be available to work 40)
The rate of pay for these roles is €15.34 per hour (this is fully inclusive of any shift pay)
• Expert, high-skilled training and certification provided
• Free staff parking on-site
• Cork Airport Aviation Security Officer uniform provided
• Staff discounts at airport cafés and restaurants
• 10% staff discount events in The Loop, both in-store and online with special discounts available throughout the year
• Career progression opportunities in a highly-regarded Irish company
- Screen all passengers, staff, contractors and visitors in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements. This may include hand searches of persons and use of equipment such as Walk-Through Metal Detector.
- Screen all cabin baggage and items carried by staff, contractors and visitors as it passes through the X-Ray machine and physically search hand baggage and other items as required.
- Handle and store safely recovered sharp items, liquids and gels from the security screening process.
- Provide passengers with information about regulatory requirements e.g. volume of liquids, as part of the screening process.
- Advise passengers of any queuing or congestion issues.
- Provide an excellent passenger security screening process that manages passenger needs while delivering full compliance with security requirements.
- Report any security screening issues or operational issues/faults with machinery to security management.
- Control access to security restricted areas, including thorough examination of:
- Boarding passes (all types, including electronic or other)
- Access permits
- Electronic escort passes
- Examine vehicles and screen airport supplies with the aid of equipment, when necessary.
- Comply with fire, health and safety requirements, reporting any concerns immediately.
- Manage the supply of trays and the loading of passenger items into trays and onto conveyor belts.
- Comply with the lost property procedure.
- Provide assistance in the event of an airport emergency or unplanned event including fire safety marshalling (as required).
- Undertake any reasonable duties as requested by Security Operations Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Availability to work in a 24/7 shift environment, where flexibility is required (shifts can include night duties, bank holidays and early morning starts).
- Ability to work in an environment where procedures and regulations must be adhered to
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to read/write and comprehend English
- Professional in manner and behaviour
- An understanding of and commitment to meeting passenger needs, with a desire to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires stamina to be on your feet and a level of physical agility to perform screening effectively.
- Achieve and maintain IAA Certification requirements
- Committed to daa values
The selection process for these roles will include online assessments, interviews, five year background check, garda vetting and medical. If successful you also will be required to successfully complete a 4 week training programme (35 hours per week), followed by an IAA certification exam.
The daa is an equal opportunities company and positions are awarded solely on merit. Final decisions will be based on review across all stages of the recruitment process.