Job Application Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected during the daa plc (daa) Careers application process. The purpose of this statement is to let you know what to expect when we collect personal information about you throughout the application process.
We fully respect your right to privacy and undertake to only collect data on you as required to deliver the services you require, or with your clear permission & consent.
This Privacy Statement includes the following information:
- The information we collect about you
- The reason we collect this information
- Why we may share this information
- With whom we may share this information
- How long we keep this information
- How we secure your information
- Your rights in relation to your information.
This Privacy Statement applies to people that:
- Submit applications for current vacancies within daa
- Submit their Curriculum Vitae in consideration for future vacancies within daa
- Undergo an interview as part of the application process for a position within daa
- Visit the daa careers website.
We collect information about you via this website, email, forms, postal correspondence, phone, and employee referrals. We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Email address
- Home address
- Curriculum Vitae
During the latter stages of the application process, we may collect the following information:
- Aptitude and personality assessments
- Medical test results
- Work permit details
- Background check and references
- Proof of educational and professional qualifications.
We collect this information to determine your eligibility for the vacancy you have applied for and/or for future roles arising within daa. This information allows us to assess your application and respond to you accordingly.
daa will only use your information for the purposes outlined in this policy except when:
- You have consented to further processing
- We are requested to do so by law or by relevant authorities.
When you submit your application to us for an open vacancy, we will ask for your consent to hold your details for consideration for future opportunities which may arise.
You will be able to remove consent at any time by logging in to the career portal.
We engage 3rd parties to assist us in recruiting the best people into daa. Your personal data may be shared with these organisations to allow us to process your application.
We will never share your information with these organisations for marketing purposes.
We occasionally engage third parties to assist us in our recruitment process. We may occasionally share the personal information we hold about you with the following types of organisations:
- 3rd party recruitment services providers
- Software providers
We may share the information we hold about you with the following organisations that are outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA):
- iCIMS Recruitment
- a daa entity based outside the EEA.
We require that these organisations protect your information to the same degree as data shared within the EEA, and in accordance with the relevant legal requirements.
Locations of daa Group entities outside the EEA with whom we may share your data are as follows:
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
When you provide us with personal information throughout the application process, we delete this information in line with our data retention policy. We will retain the following personal data you have provided for the following time periods;
- Curriculum Vitae is retained for 24 months from date of last profile update
- Application details (name, address, etc.) are retained for 24 months from date of last profile update
- Interview notes are retained for 4 weeks after campaign completion.
If you are successful, we will retain the information in accordance with your employment contract in line with our internal data retention policy.
As an applicant you may be asked to complete a personality / aptitude assessment. These assessments may use algorithms and other technical means to determine applicant scores. However, the eligibility of candidates to progress to the next stage of the application process is determined via a manual review of the assessment and is not automated decision making.
We only collect sensitive information when it is necessary to process your application. When we collect sensitive information, we will notify you of how we will use it and who it may be shared with.
Where applicable, you may be asked to undergo health screening or other assessments. These assessments are performed on our behalf by an authorised third party. The authorised third-party processes and stores your data and does not provide daa with actual test results.
We are provided with a summary result of any test that may impact your ability to perform the role that you have applied for.
Any personal information that you provide to daa or its subsidiaries will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality and handled in accordance with Data Protection laws and the General Data Protection Regulation.
Security of your personal data is very important to us. We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or alteration of your personal data.
- We apply various levels of access control to restrict access to your personal information to daa employees and contractors who require a level of access as part of their role.
- We work with experienced, specialised vendors to develop and maintain our platforms.
- We regularly review and audit our security and data protection policies and procedures to ensure a high-level of operational security is maintained.
Your rights as a data subject are as follows:
- Right of access – you have the right to find out if we hold any personal data relating to you. You also have the right to obtain a copy of any such personal data we hold on you. The request is referred to as a ‘Data Access Request’. [Link to Data Access Request section]
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request we rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request we erase any information we hold on you, provided there are valid grounds for doing so.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to request we temporarily restrict the processing of your personal data, provided there are valid grounds for doing so.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain a machine-readable copy of the information we hold on you, and have it transferred to another controller if required.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, namely in the case processing is carried out in the legitimate interests of daa.
- Right to lodge a complaint – if you are unhappy with how we have acted in handling your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your EEA country of residence, place of work, or with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland.
You can use our websites with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled in your web browser.
We review our Privacy Statements on a regular basis – this Privacy Statement was last updated on September 2019
Data Protection Officer,
Cargo Building 6, Corballis Park,